HVAC Maintenance Tips for Your Colorado Home
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems are an important part of many residential buildings, including your home. Because it performs a wide variety of tasks to keep your home comfortable, you’ll want to make sure you get regular HVAC maintenance. Failure to keep your HVAC well-maintained can result in increased electrical bills, sweltering summers, and frigid winters. However, Fix-It 24/7 can not tell you what you stand to gain by keeping your HVAC healthy, but give you some tips that’ll help you best maintain your HVAC.
Benefits of Regular HVAC Maintenance
- Longer lifespan for your heating and cooling system
- Increased efficiency
- Better indoor air quality
- Lower energy bills
- Consistent home comfort all year
Here are four tips that can help you extend your HVAC’s lifespan and keep it running strong.
- Do maintenance before the seasons you’ll start using its heating and/or cooling. Whether your HVAC heats, cools or does both, you’ll want to have preventative maintenance done a season before you’ll really be using it. Is your HVAC primarily used for heating? Schedule maintenance for the fall. Do you use your HVAC to just keep things cool? Add HVAC maintenance to your spring cleaning list. If your HVAC pulls double duty, give it maintenance in both spring and fall.
- Inspect the air filters once a month. Check and change the filters in your AC, furnace, and/or heat pump often. A dirty filter means your equipment has to work harder to get the same results, increasing your energy bills and putting unnecessary strain on your equipment.
- Keep the HVAC unit and the area around it clean. You’ll want to regularly clean out any plants and other debris around you condensing unit. In addition, you should take time once a year to clean your vents, registers, evaporator, and condenser coils to keep air circulating efficiently. The U.S. Department of Energy says that “a dirty condenser coil can increase energy consumption by 30%.”
- Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to dictate certain times for the temperature to change. This lets you turn off the heat when no one’s home or you’re sleeping. Careful usage of the thermostat’s settings can reduce your energy costs by around 10%.
Why trust Fix-It 24/7 with my HVAC maintenance?
Since 2013, Fix-It 24/7 has worked with homeowners like you in all manner of household repairs. Whether it’s heating, cooling, plumbing, or electricity, our company has the know-how to make sure you’re 100% satisfied with the job. In addition, our name is our specialty, and we’re willing to come to your house no matter the time to help with emergency repairs. If you’re in need of some repairs, call Fix-It 24/7 today!